Data Protection Associate – UK&I – Risk Management – Permanent – UK Wide
- Date: September 20, 2021
- Status: Open
This is an exciting opportunity working within EY’s Data Protection team to ensure the firm’s compliance with applicable privacy legislation. Performing front line compliance work and providing support to professionals in the Service Lines, you will be exposed to various areas of privacy and confidentiality.
We are looking for driven, productive team players who are passionate about making an impact and providing exceptional client service to the business.
• You will be part of an empowered team who inspire and challenge each other in pursuit of privacy compliance.
• You will be given the autonomy to make a difference with support to help it happen.
Your key responsibilities:
As an Associate, you will be a key part of the Data Protection team, responsible for ensuring the UK firm complies with data protection law and regulation and providing support across the UK&I region. Responsibilities will include:
• Performing front line data protection compliance work in areas such as: data subject requests, data incident handling, requests to access data, privacy impact assessments.
• Responding to queries from the business on data protection.
• Active team member supporting the development and operation of data protection processes to improve efficiencies.
• Updating and maintaining internal policies, procedures and training. • Assisting team members with project work as appropriate.
• Liaising with our internal offshore service provides in India, who provide data protection assistance to our team.
• Other tasks, as directed by the Data Protection Officer and Risk Director.
Skills and attributes for success:
• Innovative and ability to contribute and create new ideas.
• Good communication skills and ability to deal with a wide range of staff, including Partners.
• Ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality and credibility at all levels.
• Ability to provide clear, written advice.
• Enthusiastic, positive and resilient. To qualify for the role you must have:
• Previous experience in either quality, risk management, legal or compliance processes.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Familiarity and experience with the application of data protection law.
• Education to degree standard What we look for: • Strong team player and proven ability to work with others.
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture:
You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs. Please note Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
We ask because it matters! If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.